When you plan your upcoming trip to Utah and need a rental car, you will have to decide what size rental car to get. If traveling alone, it’s mainly a matter of preference. However, traveling with friends, family, and luggage, you’ll want to strategize the size vehicle that works best. Allsave Car Rental Utah works with travelers every day, so we understand how to meet your car rental needs. To that end, we’ve prepared a guide to help you make the best car rental decision in order to make the most of the Utah experience.
1. Rental Cars
Rental cars come in three different classifications: Compact, midsize, and full-size. Each size technically seats five people. However, higher classifications fit people and their luggage more comfortably:
- Compact cars seat up to five people with no luggage, or fewer with limited luggage. The Nissan Versa is an example of a compact car.
- Midsize cars seat up to five people comfortably. They offer a little more luxury and cargo storage than compact cars. A Ford Fusion is one example of a midsize car.
- Full-size cars comfortably seat up to five people and luggage in maximum comfort. The extra cargo space allows for more luggage, equipment, and gear for whatever your trip itinerary entails.
SUVs, like the Ford Explorer, seat between 5-8 people comfortably. Additionally, they provide plenty of room for luggage and other equipment and supplies which you can put to use in Utah nature. Moreover, they drive comfortably both on- and off-road. If your travel involves fishing, camping, or similar activities, relax knowing you can stow all the cargo and passengers necessary for the adventure.
Vans aren’t as utilitarian as SUVs. At the same time, they provide the most seating capacity. Vans come in handy when you want to keep large parties together, utilize all available cargo space, comfortably seat passengers, and spend quality time together.
Minivans typically seat 7-8 passengers while 12-15 people can travel in a passenger van. What these vehicles lack in fuel efficiency, they make up for in the benefits they deliver.
Deciding on the Right Rental
To choose the best rental car for your trip, try these steps:
- Add up the number of passengers. Don’t forget to include people you’re visiting who may ride with you. Also, factor in how many passengers are adults versus children.
- Account for all luggage and other equipment to transport.
- If fuel efficiency is important to you, include it in your assessment.
- Determine whether you want to pick up your car from the airport or our offsite location.
Reserve Your Rental Car
We hope you’ve found this information helpful as you plan your upcoming trip to Vernal. When you’re ready, you can easily reserve your rental car online. If you have questions or would like to connect by phone, call Allsave Car Rental Utah at (435) 789-4777. Happy travels!